Personal Data Protection Act 2010
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to otofacts (M) Sdn Bhd (herein after referred to as ““, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act. The definition of “processing” according to the Act is as follows:-
“In relation to personal data, means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the personal data, including-
- the organisation, adaptation or alteration of personal data;
- the retrieval, consultation or use of personal data;
- the disclosure of personal data by transmission, transfer, dissemination or otherwise making available; or
- the alignment, combination, correction, erasure or destruction of personal data.”
1. This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of .
2. The personal data processed by us may include your name, contact details, email address, password and the relevant services provided to you.
3. We hold your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- To provide the services requested by you
- To manage services including customer services and billing
- To conduct research to develop and improve services
- To conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with services
- To generate statistics in relation to the Website
- To promote and market special offers and other services to you
- To provide you with information on products, events or services that we believe might be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive such information, please email us at
- To personalize the advertising and content in respect of the Website
4. Your personal data was collected from the information you have provided us in this Website.
5. You may access and request for correction of your personal data and to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data as follows:
- Mailing address
- Telephone No.
- Fax No.
- E-mail address
We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data under the Act and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
6. Your personal data may be disclosed to our parent company, subsidiaries, related and/or associated company, licensees, business partners and/or service providers for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes.
7. It is obligatory that you supply us with the personal data marked with an asterisk in paragraph 3 above.
8. If you fail to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
9. Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
You hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.